Retail & Apparel
Retailing remains a fragmented business, with millions of transactions occurring in thousands of local outlets and over multiple channels making competition for the consumer dollar fiercer than ever. Since 2008, Heidrick & Struggles' Retail & Apparel team of experts have conducted more than 1,300 senior-level and board director assignments for the retail, fashion and luxury goods industries. In short, we know how to harness this vast retail universe to deliver results with passion, creativity and ingenuity.
Heidrick & Struggles understands the requirements of increasingly complex management positions in the retail and apparel sectors. We develop customized plans illustrating how organizational structures need to evolve. Successful companies need both creative and conceptual executives who know how to enhance brand image, operational excellence, customer experience and quality product into a competitive advantage.
Our constant activity in this marketplace positions us to identify and engage executives with key critical attributes for retail clients:
- An understanding of the complexities of an omni-channel strategy
- The merchandising savvy to anticipate customer needs
- The ability to cultivate brand equity and increasingly brand community
- The financial acumen to increase revenues while controlling operating costs and shrinkage
- The team building skills to attract, develop, motivate and retain top talent
- Experience to successfully lead organizations in global markets
With unsurpassed geographic scope, Heidrick & Struggles serves retail and apparel clients across a broad range of functions and sectors, including multi-nationals, regional and local players and increasingly, private equity-backed firms.