Office Location: Dubai
Phone: +971 4 376 4600
James Lytton-Hitchins, Ph.D, is a principal in Heidrick & Struggles’ Dubai office and a member of Heidrick Consulting.
He brings 20 years of professional experience as a practical advisor, certified executive coach, and facilitator to his work to elevate business performance in complex organizations, driving significant growth and change. James works with top teams to align on the critical few priorities, simplify and re-organize the operating model, develop winning capabilities, cultivate the next generation of leaders, and generate high performing cultures.
James has led major change, capability, and culture development programs in agribusiness, banking, chemicals, energy, healthcare, oil & gas, telecommunications and government in the Middle East, Asia, and Australia. He has led many high-profile projects, having:
- Partnered with CEO and top team of a leading downstream oil & gas company in the Middle East to improve its performance and leadership effectiveness
- Partnered with EVP HR in detailed design and go live of two global corporate functions as part of an enterprise-wide transformation of a global petrochemical leader
- Successfully delivered CIO succession for Australia’s largest integrated energy company
- Established new leadership standards, assessed top 300 leaders, and identified critical talent as part of a leadership renewal program for a large Middle East health organization undergoing transformation
- Delivered a shift in the operational performance and leadership behaviors of the top 50 leaders in a national telecom provider through the delivery of an integrated leadership development and enterprise-wide culture development program
- Partnered with the chairman of India’s largest privately held conglomerate in the design of its Corporate University blueprint and the operating model for its enterprise learning function.
Prior to joining Heidrick & Struggles, James led the leadership and culture practice for PwC Middle East. He has previously served as an engagement manager and member of the global Katzenbach Center for Culture and Organizational Performance with Booz & Company. He also was an internal executive coach and team facilitator for a leading international bank, and HR director for Australia’s largest integrated energy company.
James holds a Ph.D and bachelor of science degree from the University of Sydney.